Tuesday 17 July 2012

Parts Parts Parts!

So I've spent quite a bit of time researching the parts I'm going to use for the build, and it currently looks like this...As I buy the parts, I'll take photos and explain my decision for choosing it. The eagle eyed amongst you will notice that the stem and bars are missing. The bars and stem will be taken off my Cube LTD Pro. They are an Easton Haven 711mm and Funn Light CNC stem.

  • Yeti SB-66c Frame
  • Fox 34 TALAS 160 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust
  • Industry Nine All Mountain
  • KS LEV 385mm Adjustable Seatpost
  • Hope M4 Evo Brakes
  • Shimano XTR M985 Shadow+ 10sp Rear Mech
  • Shimano XTR M986 Direct Mount 2x10 Front Mech
  • Shimano XTR M980 10 Speed Trigger Shifter
  • Shimano XT M771 10 Speed Cassette
  • Shimano M810 Saint Bottom Bracket (73mm)
  • Shimano SLX M665 Double Chainset
  • Cane Creek 40 Lower Headset Cup (ZS56/40)
  • Cane Creek 40 Upper Headset Tall Carbon (ZS44/28.6)
  • SRAM PC1091 10 Speed Hollow Pin Chain
  • Fizik Gobi XM MTB Saddle 2012 (it's black and gold!!!)
  • ODI Yeti Hardcore Lock-On Bonus Pack
  • 2 x Continental Mountain King II ProTection 2.4

P.S. I'm undecided on pedals at the moment, but they will probably end up being Shimano XT or XTR Trail affairs.

1 comment:

  1. I've updated this post a number of times as things change. I'll try and remember to make a note of what's different, but here's the summary:

    * Cane Creek 40 headset (with carbon upper)
    * I've swapped to a 2x10 setup instead of 3x10
    * I've changed the Fox 32 140 for a Fox 34 160mm for added travel and rigidity
    * The wheels will be Industry Nine All Mountain
    * Unbelievably I found a black and gold seat!
    * There is no need for an XTR cassette at a difference of £100 over the XT version!

    Think that covers it!

    ReplyDelete