Sunday 27 January 2013

Good things come to those who wait!

I'm still waiting for the frame to arrive at the not-so-local bike shop and the suspense is killing me! I must have built this bike a hundred times over every time I close my eyes so waiting for shipments from the U.S. is inconvenient at best!

All other parts arrived at the bike shop a couple of weeks ago, but it's about a 2-3hr round trip so it's not worth making unneccesarily and the frame is due the first week in February. To support the build, I have had to invest in certain tools. I thought it might be interesting to publish what is required:

  • Lezyne Cassette & Bottom Bracket Tool
  • Huge 38mm adjustable wrench
  • 1/4" Torque wrench
  • Magnetic hex bit to 1/4" socket adapter
  • Teflon Grease
  • Copper Grease
  • Chain whip
  • Shimano Hollowtech II Pretension Tool
  • Spoke Tool
  • IceToolz Headset Press
  • Park Tool Crown Race Setting Tool (1.5")
  • Birzmann Tube Cutter
  • Superstar 3rd Hand Tool
  • Superstar P-handled Allen Key Set

As you can see, there are alot of tools that I've had to add to my arsenal to actually be able to build this bike. I've been using these new tools to strip and deep clean my Cube Hardtail.

February can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment