Friday 3 August 2012

The Wheel Debate

It's amazing how much time I've spent window shopping for the right wheels and now, finally, I've made my decision. My requirements were the ability to run 2.4" tires, direct pull spokes, high points of engagement, available in 15mm QR at the front and 142x12 at the rear and good reviews on mtbr - which is a website I'm finding has a fan-base that's particularly difficult to please. The obvious choice was the Mavic Crossmax SX but there is one more requirement that I've not mentioned; THEY HAVE TO BE BLACK! I refer you to the picture on my very first blog post. Can you really imagine that sleek work of art with it's black and gold theme with white wheels? I think not.

Industry Nine are not a well known brand in the UK, but there are raving reviews on mtbreview and mtbr. But the most impressive part is that their appearance is infinitely customizable. Their website has a nifty tool that can waste hours of productivity (by their own admission).

Cop a load of these!


Now, they are not cheap, and you do pay a premium for any parts that are outside of the few standard colours (black, white, silver etc.) so a gold hub is at a premium. All in all, we're looking at around £855 from the friendly guys at Prestige Cycles. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment